Terms and Conditions of Use
In these terms and conditions of use, “us”, “we”, or “our” means Rural Health Connect Pty Ltd, with the exception that in some clauses herein “we” and “us” may refer to you and “Rural Health Connect Pty Ltd” collectively.
- These terms and conditions may be varied or modified by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. You should review these terms and conditions each time you access or use our website. By continuing to use www.ruralhealthconnect.com.au after any variations or modifications to these terms and conditions, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as varied or modified.
THE ONLINE SERVICES ACCESSED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS. IF YOU ARE SUFFERING AN ACUTE ILLNESS OR EMERGENCY CONDITION OR ARE IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, CALL TRIPLE ZERO (000) AND ASK FOR THE APPROPRIATE HELP.
OUR ONLINE SERVICES ARE DESIGNED ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE LOCATED WITHIN AUSTRALIA.
- To access services via our website, you must first create a personal profile. Creating a personal profile will allow you to log in and be recognised as a user across our online services.
- You hereby confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Where you provide us with information in relation to your child or children, you warrant that you are the legal guardian of your child and have authority to provide this information to us.
- You consent to us providing your personal information, including your health information, to third parties (including consultants, our video-conferencing service providers and other service providers, including cloud service providers) where is it necessary to provide the services. Some of our service providers may be located outside of Australia.
- You acknowledge that if you do not provide us with your personal information we may be unable to provide you with the services, including connecting you with consultants.
- You agree, confirm and acknowledge that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and any other information related to your personal profile.
- You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of our website via your personal profile.
Payment of Consultation Fees
- When you book a consultation with a consultant via our website you will be required pay the prescribed consultation fee in full (including taxes and charges, if applicable).
- If a consultation fee is not paid in full the consultation may not be booked.
- We accept payment by the following methods:
- Visa; and
- If you choose to pay by credit card, you authorise us to debit the amount that is payable from your nominated credit card for payment of your consultation fee.
- If we discover an error that results in the payment not being processed or incorrectly processed, we may debit the amount from your nominated credit card or seek reimbursement by other lawful means.
- A surcharge of 2% will be charged on all credit card transactions.
Connecting with the Consultant
- You will connect with a consultant through our online video conferencing function facility.
- When using this facility, you must not:
- attempt to record the video or audio of your video call or take screenshots or copies of images of your video call;
- abuse, intimidate, threaten or otherwise violate the consultant; and/or
- engage in behaviour that is pornographic, violent, discriminatory or otherwise offensive.
- If you engage in any of the above forms of conduct, we (including our consultant) may terminate your video conference call in which case you acknowledge that the consultation fee will not be refunded to you.
- You acknowledge that the consultants are neither our employees nor agents nor representatives.
- You agree that all consultations between you and a consultant will be made via our website. If, for any reason, a consultation with a consultant is not made via our website, you agree that it will be billed via our website and that the standard consultation fees must be paid to us.
- Some services available through this website will require your computer, telephone, internet access, device and associated equipment to meet certain technical requirements in order to receive these services. We take no responsibility for problems associated with or arising from your inability to access or receive the services due to your equipment or internet speed not meeting our system requirements.
Security of Information
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all implied terms and warranties whether statutory or otherwise relating to this website and the services accessed through our website. We do not make any representation that the website or any services will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- We do not make any warranty or representation about the suitability or quality of the services, or the accuracy of any information, provided by the consultants via our website.
- You acknowledge that you have relied on your own skill and judgment in booking a consultation with a consultant and have not relied on any statement or representation by us about the suitability or quality of the services provided by the consultants via our website.
- You acknowledge and accept that we will not be liable to you for any indirect and/or consequential loss or damage arising from or connected in any way with the use of our website.
- Where any law implies a term, and that law voids or prohibits provisions which exclude or modify the operation of such term, then, except as otherwise specified in this section, the term is taken to be included in these terms and conditions. If legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits us from excluding or modifying the application of, or our liability under, any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included but our liability will be limited for a breach of that condition or warranty to one or more of the following:
- if the breach relates to goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of such goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- if the breach relates to services, the supplying of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Cancellation of Consultation
- If, through no fault of your own, your consultation is cancelled we will provide you with a full refund of your payment.
Release and Indemnity
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you release and discharge Rural Health Connect Pty Ltd, its directors, members, employees and agents from any and all liability as a result of your use or misuse of our website and/or any services accessed via our website.
- You agree to indemnify Rural Health Connect Pty Ltd, its directors, members, employees and agents from any and all claims, demands, costs, losses and liabilities arising out of or in connection with your use or misuse of our website.
- You acknowledge and agree that we will endeavor to settle any dispute arising out of or relating to our dealings by mediation before having recourse to litigation.
- You agree that we will agree on a suitably qualified mediator to conduct the mediation and the mediator’s costs will be borne equally between us.
- If we cannot agree on the appointment of a mediator, either of us may ask the President (at the time) of the Queensland Law Society to nominate a mediator. The nomination of a mediator by the President of the Queensland Law Society is binding on the parties.
- You acknowledge and agree that if you change your mind and decide not to proceed with the scheduled consultation, the consultation fee will not be refunded to you.
Termination of Access
- Access to this web site may be terminated at any time by us without notice. Our disclaimers will nevertheless survive any such termination.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them or the subject matter of them are governed by the laws in force in the State of Queensland, in the Commonwealth of Australia. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that jurisdiction.
- We accept no liability for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
- If we waive any rights available to us under these terms and conditions on one occasion, this does not means that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
- If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
Contacting Rural Health Connect
Rural Health Connect Pty Ltd
212 Quay St
Ph: 0408 321 405